Today is my birthday…my 34th birthday. Yay! Happy birthday to me! I feel like 2014 has been so beautiful…heart wrenched, uplifting, a bit scary, grace filled, hopeful…beauty. I’ve slowly…stubbornly…worked hard at making changes that needed to be made deep down in my soul. I’m excited to make the second half of 2014 about showing those changes on the outside. I’ve had to take so much time to reflect and I know I’ll need much more of that. But, I’m ready to do. Do you ever feel like you do so much planning, talking, dreaming and not enough of the actual doing? I know I do. I want to do those things that up until now I’ve only been dreaming of. I think my recent “be happy with me where I am now” has given me the grace to be okay with just doing…not getting it perfect…but just doing. I’ve been planning on showing and sharing more on my dear blog. Now I’m going to do it. I’ve been planning on running. Now I’m going to do it (my husband and I started the “ease into 5K program” this morning). I’ve been planning on spending more quiet time with God. Now I’m going to do it. I’ve been planning to do something fun and exciting with the business. Now I’m going to do it. The second half of 2014 is about doing.
So let’s get this second half of 2014 started right! In less than a week we will be leaving to visit my favorite place on Earth for two weeks. We will be away to Florida until July 6th. So why not pack this week with sessions, editing, packing, a wedding, and… GIVEAWAYS! Yay! Monday through Friday will be jam packed with awesome…fun…tickle-me-pink…happy happy…GIVEAWAYS! (If you could…it’ll be much more fun if you imagined me saying this and announcing each one in my best Oprah voice…just sayin’s all)
How do you get in on the fun? I’m so glad you asked! There are several ways.
1. If you reserve your session between today (June 16th) and Friday (June 20th), you’ll receive 1/2 off a Signature Session fee and $100 off a Mini Session fee. You can reserve your session online HERE.
A few notes:
The nonrefundable session fee must be paid by the end of Friday. Reserve the session first with the session fee and then we will discuss specific dates and times. If you need a specific date, feel free to email first at firstname.lastname@example.org
Signature Sessions must take place within an hour of zip code 40444 and after July 9th.
Mini Sessions are on specific dates and locations. Please see calendar HERE.
2. I will be giving away a birthday celebration package of some of my favorite things on Wednesday. Eeek. Oh how I would love to get this package in the mail. It will be filled with…
Emily Ley gift certificate to purchase my favorite planner (or whatever you would like :))
Caramels from the Caramel Jar
Love Does by Bob Goff
Inspirational quote from Lara Casey
* There will be several ways to enter, which I’ll announce on Wednesday.
* You have to follow me on Instagram or have “liked” my Facebook page.
* The package will not go in the mail until late July.
3. There will be one big giveaway on Friday for Newsletter and Blog subscribers. You can subscribe to my newsletter HERE and the blog HERE.
4. Also on Friday there will be one big giveaway exclusively for clients only (This applies to new and old clients!)
* Nontransferable and cannot be traded for cash. If you purchase a session and would like to give it as a gift, that is perfectly fine with me, but that is the only instance it can be “transferred”.
Now…I think that about covers all of you who have been supporting me from the beginning and those of you who are new around here. I love you all so dearly and feel extremely blessed that God chose photography as one of my biggest gifts. If it weren’t for Him, my family and friends, and all of you, I wouldn’t be able to do what I love. I also wouldn’t have been able to have the flexibility to keep my son home on most days. That is the best gift that any of you could give me and as a collective, that’s exactly what you’ve given me. I wish I could come give each of you an extremely big hug. I wish there were enough words to express exactly how grateful I truly am. I consider all of you and all of this a blessing. Thank you. Thank you. A million times over…thank you.
Since I can’t finish any post without a picture…here’s one of my favorites from our vacation last year. I absolutely can’t wait to see my crazy little man on the beach this year. It feels like a second home to us and it melts my hear to share it with him. May there be many more days like this. Thank you to Stacey Woods Photography for the beautiful images year after year.
Peace and so so much love,