Where have I been!?! To tell the truth...I don't know. If you see my mind, ask it, and then let me know what it says. I would love to pretend like I have it all together. I want to be fabulous at being a mommy, a wife, a business owner, a photographer, a house keeper, oh...and maybe even a friend, sister, daughter, oh...oh...and blogger. But, well, it just doesn't seem to be in the cards to be fabulous at it all. So, I'm trying to be awesome at mommyhood and good at wife and business owner/photographer and ok at everything else. One thing at a time...one thing at a time. I have so many things I want to blog about (my baby...his birth story...making his food...being a mommy...all the wonderful sessions from last year and this year) and I'm telling my crazy mind that I will indeed do it. You just wait world...I will be fabulous at it all. Or at least, I will learn how to pretend. Does that count? For now...let's settle for some fun updates. 1. YES...I am still working. To tell the truth, I wasn't sure if the business would survive my maternity leave. I was so nervous, but knew it's what we all needed. We made it through and I was crazy busy with one thing or another right up to Christmas and after. Determined to fit in as much as I could. We're now in the slow time that all photographers have and I'm getting ready for rest of 2012...which is already looking to be off to a great start.
2. MINI SESSIONS ARE UP ON THE CALENDAR! I have a couple locations blank. I wanted to finalize a couple things before announcing those locations. Don't forget that some mini dates book up faster than others. April, July fair sessions, any Keeneland sessions, and October holiday sessions (I know...October is early for the holidays, but it's truly the best time to do it and I have an AWESOME location this year). See the calendar HERE.
3. If you are wanting a Signature Session in June, you should be thinking about booking now because that month is going to be jam packed. We have minis, a bachelor/bachelorette party, my sister-in-laws wedding, and vacation. Busy...busy month.
4. Have you seen my new assistant lately? He's getting chubby. I keep telling him to lay off the chips and chocolates, but he just won't listen.
5. He's sitting! He's sitting! We like to say "go Steff...go Steff...go go...go Steff". Yeah...he's pretty much celebrated 24/7.
6. We've started solids and we've so loved making his food. It's easy. You know exactly what's in it. It's healthy. It's cheap. I have to admit, Bret has done most of it. I came home one day and he was steaming and pureeing up a storm. I didn't complain.
7. He loves to bounce and occasionally passes out while bouncing. Sleep has been a struggle for us from the beginning. Granted, not for anyone else, but he hates to nap in this house. I *think* we've kinda figured it out now. Steff isn't the "needs wind down time" type of baby. He's the "party until I pass out" type of baby. And party doesn't just mean nice, calm playing. It really means dancing, singing, wrestling...with mommy and daddy...while also wearing them completely out.
8. I love these two. I could cry just typing that. Yes, having a baby can make things a little more stressful between a husband and wife, but goodness, I wouldn't have it any other way. He's the daddy I always thought he would be. Steff adores him. He even wimpered when Bret was leaving for work the other day. It was so cute and so pitiful at the same time. I never imagined how much my heart would grow with the birth of Steff, but my oh my has it.
Now...I promise to try and be the blogger I've always wanted to be too :). I'm working on it...I'm working on it. Just hang in there with me. I'll love you for it always.
Peace and so much love,